What are your operating hours?

SLICC is open on weekdays from 7:30am 5:30pm.

The Center closes for approximately 10 days during winter break and one week for spring break, in addition to two curriculum days annually.

How long is the waiting list?

For every one infant opening that comes available, there are approximately 10 families waiting.

How do I get on the waiting list?

Complete an "Enrollment Application" and return it to us with a $25 non-refundable application fee. You may download the application from the enrollment section of this website. You may return all to us via mail or call to arrange a tour and bring the form and money with you at that time. We can accept checks, or money orders; no credit or debit cards or cash.

What is your child/staff ratio?

In the infant rooms our child/staff ratio is 8/2. In the toddler rooms, it is 10/2 and 12/2.

What is the education and experience of your staff?

Our four lead teachers have at least a bachelor's degree and receive a minimum of 30 hours of additional training annually. Most of our associate and assistant teachers have some college and also receive 30 hours of training annually. All direct care staff are required to pass an FBI fingerprint check and maintain CPR and first aid certification.

What is your staff turnover?

In the child care industry nationwide, the employee turnover rate is about 33%. Here at St Luke, we consistently maintain a staff of about 13-15 individuals with an average stay of approximately four years. Most of our staff is employed full time.

What do you do when a staff person is ill?

We are fortunate to usually have enough staff available to have one or two people we can call on to substitute. Some of our co-oping parents make themselves available to sub as well as the administrative staff.

What about sick children?

Ill children are not allowed to come or stay. Some obvious signs of illness are fever of 100 degrees or more and/or vomiting and diarrhea. We have a thorough health policy in the Parent Handbook that you can download and review in the enrollment section. Children must be free of fever, vomiting, and/or diarrhea for 24 hours without medication before they can return to the Center. This same policy applies to staff and co-oping parents as well.

What do my tuition dollars pay for?

Approximately 85% of our budget is spent on staff. This includes salaries, benefits, training costs and other staff development expenses. The other 15% of our budget covers the cost of doing business. Most of the dollars for materials and equipment come from annual fund raisers and the generosity of families and friends of the Center.

What do parents provide?

On a daily basis, parents provide all the food, diapers, lotions, potions, and personal items for their child. Each semester the Center distributes a list of needed general supplies, i.e. tissue, paper towels, texture play items, bubble blowing liquid and the like. Parents also provide time, talent and other resources throughout the year to meet parent workday requirements. The Center could not provide the quality of care for which we are known without this kind of parent involvement.

What is your curriculum?

We know that infants and toddlers learn by exploring, experiencing, and processing their environment through their five senses. St Luke provides enhancing, enriching, enticing classroom experiences based on the individual child's developmental needs as well as the group's developmental spectrums. Teachers prepare weekly lesson plans that address the gross and fine motor abilities of the children; the social and emotional needs and capabilities of the children as well as the cognitive growth of the children. All this is done is a play-based environment with high teacher/child interaction, respect and affection.